Corporate Training Application 2
Corporate Training Application 2012 [Harmon
New Massachusetts privacy laws required all employees and contractors to be
trained in the proper handling of sensitive personal information related to
credit contracts. In addition, to limit liability in legal cases, corporate
clients required the firm to train employees for specific tasks and legal
processes related to their individual cases.
Create a data-driven application that would interface with existing HR employee
information and case management application data. The application would need to
track all corporate training and archive it as part of the employee’s permanent
• The application would need to have training courses categorized by department,
client specific, along with details of course description, prerequisites, and
whether or not it was required.
• The application would need to create a training event (time, date, location)
while adding it to the corporate calendar, and making Outlook appointments
available with a click.
• It would need an audience builder tool to create groups of employees by
various departments, teams, and functions.
• It would need a registration and attendance tracking UI.
• It needed to create digital certificates of completion.
• Reports, reminders, and alerts.
• Jobs that ran against hire dates, last training date for sending attendance
reminders, and for managers, a list of required training for their team.
98% - some of the jobs were created by the DBA.